Enjoy your Australia Day holiday in Port Douglas in our quality apartment accommodation at Nautilus Holiday Apartments.
Here’s just some of the fun of Australia Day that will be happening in Port Douglas
- For the yachties at heart: Port Douglas Combined Club — Coffee and cakes from 8am to watch start of 48th Annual Lowe Island Race. BBQ lunch, $500 Raffle, Great Aussie Games, Live Music by Eddie the Eagle. Ph: 4099 5553
- Family Picnic Day at Port Douglas Community Sports Complex — opens at 9.00am. Come dressed in your best Aussie clobber and win fantastic prizes, Helicopter drop, kids games and races, Bike race down the Bump track, BMX and Skate ramp competition, Broom throwing, Tug of War, Three legged races, Gumboot throwing, Damper and Lamington cooking competition and lots more. Kids races start at 9.30am, adults events at 1.30pm. Registration opens at 8.30am Entry fee $2. All proceeds go to local Douglas Community Charities.
- Family Basket Picnic in the Park, George Davis Park, Mossman – A whole itinerary of family fun starting at 11.30am to 3.30pm. Loads of games, three legged races, potato races, sack races, egg and spoon races, comedy ball games, coo-ee competition and the Inaugural Australia Day Land Race plus much much more. No booking required just turn up and have fun.
- Cow Bay Hotel, Cape Tribulation Road – BBQ, live music, All families welcome starts at 10am. Ph: 4098 9011.
- Paddys Bar, Port Douglas – Newly reopened! Wear your best Aussie gear and there’ll be prizes all day with live music from Darwin guitar legend Grant Turismo moving on to DJ in the evening.
- The Court House Hotel is hosting a full day of Australia Day fun and games from midday with 5 DJs keeping the groove going ’til late.
Nautilus Holiday Apartments offers location and comfort in the heart of beautiful Port Douglas with accommodation for the whole family. Our two or three bedroom self-contained apartments are located less than a 2 minute walk from Port Douglas’s famous Four Mile Beach and only 8 minutes to Macrossan Street. Unwind on your private balcony… relax with a cool drink and soak up the ambience of this tropical paradise or lounge beside the pool with its lush and tranquil subtropical garden.
Book your Australia Day holiday accommodation in Port Douglas before it’s too late. We’re filling fast!